Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bhupendra Kumar Dave and English Poetry

Oh Death !

Oh death! Companion of man’s life
March with banner and bugle and fife
Catch my breath and my clamorous heart
For I have played all my part

Oh death! Put your nothingness in me
Calming the echoes of something in me
For when we talk of life and think
Find nothing as the most precious thing

Oh death! Do wake me up in the morning
For I want to see the sun rising
Its crimson glory covering the sky
When birds leave their nests to fly

Oh death! do walk with me in the evening
For I long to feel the breeze whispering
Their songs of love in tender tone
Playing God’s sweet music all alone

Oh death! Spread not the wings so wide
To exhibit all your barbarous pride
For my life is so blessed by God
That it smiles in all fearful odd

Oh death! Take all that I have
All sins that climb the ego’s wave
Sins that we despise and hate
And leave all virtues in their fate


Let there be light

O God from birth till death
Let there be good light
For I want my path
All shining and bright

Burn not thousand suns
Nor a thousand moons
But light a candle for me
Carrying all worthy boons

With these celestial boons
Sparkling in my life
Let me march with delight
Unto my death all my life

Darken not a single thought
As if moon shut from night
Put not my soul, O God
In lonely cage of fright

For thoughts that darkness
Sprouts in any mind
Darkens the darkness more
For the entire mankind

Dark are the graves of men
With hopes all gone in dust
Darkened by the acts of dark
Bones too are laid to rust

Yet we place an earthen lamp
On the grave’s opaque cover
For the bodies without soul
That are blind for ever

What use is of the light
That we mortal create
What charm in lying low
In the coffin we rivet


Life is ship of fools

Life is a ship of fools
Wondering in the stormy night
Soul is sick, mind lame
With the goal out of sight

We have no serene thoughts
Matching with the peaceful world
Nor are the acts performed
To win a praise from the world

We think we are made to die
Life is long march to death
Every step is wonton deed
So we breath to hasten death

Smiling child

Even now I see you my child
As you were at the hour of birth
Smiling mother, smiling child
Breathing the sweet air rolling on earth

Rays of Love

Let rays of love like that of rising sun
Spread delight in all directions
Let its dews on petals of mind
Glitter and roll in all perfections

For love flowing like bubbling brook
Has song and rhythm of its own
And echoing in the heavy hearts
Shares and lifts all burdens alone

Love at its best, loves to love more
To attain sweet eternity of love
And to put in every thinking mind
The elixir preserved by lasting love

Let love confer honour on life
Changing all vices into virtuous gold
For good deeds are easy to perform
When thoughts are in love’s grip ‘n fold

When the soul flies

When the soul flies and body falls
And all our acts are fully done
Stay not sins, nor do our faults
For all ends well when wisely done

What was pride and what was fame
All adulterated with needs of time
For no soul stays to attain name
And no death has any lingering time

All that perishes does stay in urn
With our name, fame turned to dust
The untuned time too fails to return
On destiny tell me who can trust

Love

Love is God’s most precious gift
To created a heaven on earth
And to help the mind to drift
Away from thoughts of little worth

No virtue weighs more than love
Love alone outweighs them all
But one vice that pollutes love
Invites hate to cause our fall

Yet love that covers all the sins
And winks at all other’s faults
Has the luster that always wins
All the hearts and precious vaults

Love the God and love like God
All men women and their child
Win their love and God’s reward
That mother gets from her child

Birds love to twitter, love to sing
The songs of love full of joy
They love the branches that often swing
With the breeze that flowers enjoy

Love is nature’s prime delight
Kissing every early morning dews
And guides sweet dreams of night
To win hopes all fresh and new

Blessings

Blessings are love in disguise
Rewards of our virtuous deeds
Through which planets of paradise
Presents us all the virtuous seeds

00000

No comments:

Post a Comment